VOTING RESOURCE PAGE:
Now’s the time to VOTE to PRAY and most of all TRUST GOD. -Max Lucado
Why pray for the elections? There are a number of compelling reasons:
- The Bible commands us to pray for those who are in leadership, which would include those who are vying to become leaders.
- Godly leaders can help slow the erosion of religious liberties in our land, providing an increased window of opportunity for the Church to pray and evangelize.
- The selection of leaders who understand and lead according to God’s righteous standards can bring great blessing to a nation (Prov. 14:34).
- Scripture also says, “For lack of guidance a nation falls, but victory is won through many advisers” (Prov. 11:14). The determination of who leads our nation will also determine who advises that leader and how we are guided. (Revive Our Hearts: How to Pray for the Upcoming Election (article); Pray for America (PDF); Before You Vote (article))
Additional Ministry Resources:
- Cru: In a World So Divided, Is Unity Possible? (Article)
- Boundless: Politics Without the Passion (Article)
- Focus on the Family: Presidential Voter Guide (Website | Web Banners)
- Haven Ministries: 30 Ways to Pray for People in Authority (Resource)
- The Garlow Perspective: Well Versed Day Summit 2020 (Sunday, September 27 from 8:30am-5:00pm EST); Comparison of the Democrat and Republican Platforms (Downloadable PDF)